Sunday, June 6, 2010

Life is Precious


This week we have been reminded how precious life is. It's unfortunate that it usually takes a tragedy to really put things into perspective. Never take your loved ones for granted. Always tell them how much you love and appreciate them and enjoy every minute of life. Soak it all in, this great but very short journey on earth. My sweet, beautiful step-mom had a stroke last Wednesday and is in a coma in critical condition at the hospital where she has worked as a nurse for many years. It is shocking since she is so young and healthy. She doesn't fit any of the critera for a stroke victim. It is also baffling because my dad, her husband, also suffered a severe head trauma 5 years ago. We are all numb and in disbelief that this could be happening to another parent, yet I am I am hopeful she will pull through this and recover. She is a strong woman with great faith and determination. She has been the caregiver/counselor/medical expert/mother/best friend to us all and now it's time to take care of her. I know from experience that brain injuries require a long time to heal and can be up and down so we will try to stay positive and take one day at a time. Again, please be reminded to show gratitude to your loved ones. Life is so precious.


Get well soon, Linda. We love you and are praying for you! xoxo

5 comments:

Katie said...

Oh Breklyn I am SO sorry to hear about your step mom. I will pray for her as well, just doesn't seem fair that that could happen to someone so young and healthy!

Lisa said...

We are thinking about your family, and praying for Linda to have a full and speedy recovery - I know it can never get better fast enough. We love you all, let us know if there is anything we can do.

Mike and Lisa said...

Breklyn, our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family! Hopefully your stepmom can pull through and have a speedy recovery!

Carrera said...

Thoughts of Aunt Linda and your family have not left my mind since I very first heard the news.
This is a beautiful post and tribute to such an amazing woman.
We are fasting and praying for a healthy recovery. Love you.

Shad + Brooke Webb said...

This is so sweet, glad you posted it! Definitely a difficult reminder that life is fragile and i take A LOT for granted. Love you and so thankful to be seeing so much of you through all this!