Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Post Office Fury

I stop at the post office to mail a package, pick a box off the wall ($2.98) and start packing my items. I see packing tape sitting on the counter so I begin taping my box up while I wait. My turn. I set my box on the scale and the lecture begins.
Postal Worker: You can't use Express Mail tape on that box, you need clear tape.
Me: Okay, do you have some tape I CAN use?
No but you can buy some over on the wall.
No thanks, I already have tape at home. Can I just pay for the shipping and take the box with me to tape and bring back?
No, if you take the box with you and bring it back, they'll think there's a bomb inside.
HUH?!? So I had to pay for the stupid box and leave with it unshipped. Total waste of time and why didn't I leave the dang box?? And they seriously wonder why the post office is going broke! Next time I'll head straight to UPS or FedEx where they'll happily provide a box, tape it shut and ship it all for one flat rate. Done! What happened to customer service?

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

I hate jumping through all the worlds hoops. It's like "I'm sure sorry I didn't get a masters degree in shipping boxes, perhaps you could help me out since you WORK here and all"..............