Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Moab Wedding


My very first friend Ashley Christensen (we've been friends since preschool) got married in Moab last weekend. Troy couldn't join me due to the annual Chad Morgan golf tournament also taking place. So I dragged my mom along to be my nanny for the weekend. Our not so relaxing road trip included my 2 kidos and my mom's 2 dogs (one being blind) piled into one small hotel room. There wasn't much sleep or sightseeing but we accomplished the mission of attending the wedding which was beautiful!

The Happy Couple

The setting was up the canyon at Red Cliffs Lodge with towering red rocks and the Colorado River in the background. The ceremony was followed by a fancy and fabulous dinner (another not so kid friendly event). The first night the entire wedding group took a jet boat river cruise followed by a Mexican feast. It was fun catching up with old friends but in hindsight I would not have brought my babies (although Mason is too little to leave behind). Congrats to Ashley & Marshall who are now honeymooning in Croatia (after a destination wedding, who could settle for ordinary)-thanks for the fun Moab festivities! And thank-you Mom/Nana for all your help on our wild weekend getaway!



Mason's Bed - My Suitcase (my creative mother's idea)

Old Friends

Nana and the Boys

2 comments:

Scott and Jen Vincent said...

Cute!! I love to hear about all of your little fun escapades with the boys (and the blind(!)dog.)! The suitcase crib was hilarious! Mason is getting so much bigger since even the last time I saw him!

Meg said...

Yeah, I love the pictures...thanks for posting them Brek. The wedding looked fabulous. I am glad so many of our friends could make it. You all looked as dashing as ever, I am not suprised one bit! Your mom is such a good sport to help you out. Good job Dana!
Love ya Brek-
Megan